Information We Collect
There are three general categories of information that we collect.
- Information You Give Us.
We collect information you share with us when you use the TMG Platform in order to ensure the adequate performance of contracts between you and TMG, or between you and a Supplier. The provision of this information is necessary to use the TMG Platform and, without it, we will not be able to provide you with services that you request. Account Information. When you sign up for an TMG account or submit a request for Accommodation booking information, we require certain information such as your name and email address. Profile Information. To use certain features within the TMG Platform, we may need to ask you to complete a profile, which may include your address and phone number. Other Authentication-Related Information. To help create and maintain a trusted environment, and to the extent permitted by applicable laws, we may collect identification that you provide (like a photo of your government-issued ID) or other authentication information. Payment Information. When you use the Payment Services (such as when booking Accommodation or a travel-related experience through us or establishing a Supplier relationship via us), we require certain financial information (like your bank account or credit card information) to process payments and comply with applicable law. If you are a Supplier, we may require additional information such as your ID or tax ID (where permitted by applicable law), and other proof of identification or verification in order to verify your identity, provide the Payment Services to you, and comply with applicable law. If you are a Guest, we may retain your financial information to assist you with booking travel-related experiences with third parties. Communications with TMG. When you communicate with TMG, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide. Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us information (such as your itinerary, food allergies, emergency contact information, travel preferences, and information about other guests accompanying you on your stay) when you fill in a form, speak to, or otherwise communicate with an TMG representative, conduct a search, update or add information to your TMG account, respond to surveys, participate in promotions, or use other features of the TMG Platform.
- Information We Automatically Collect from Your Use of the TMG Platform.
- Information We Collect from Third Parties.
We may collect information that others provide about you when they use the TMG Platform, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the TMG Platform. TMG does not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to TMG should be directed to such third parties. Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your TMG account with a third party service (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, Google), we may collect information from the third party service, such as your registration and profile information. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service. Background Information. For certain Members in the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, TMG may obtain reports from public records of criminal convictions or sex offender registrations. For Members outside of the United States, to the extent permitted by applicable laws, TMG may obtain the local version of background or registered sex offender checks. We may use your information, including your full name and date of birth, to obtain such reports. We will only collect this information where required by applicable laws or where necessary to ensure the adequate performance of our services for you. Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners (such as SafelyStay) and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the TMG Platform, including about your interactions from our partner ad networks. For example, if you book a restaurant reservation through TMG, the restaurant may send information to us that you submitted to them, like your dining preferences or dining activity. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the TMG Platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks.
- Information You Give Us.
- How We Use The Information We Collect We use, store, and process information about you to provide, understand, improve, and develop the TMG Platform, and to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment. 2.1. Provide, Improve, and Develop the TMG Platform. Enable you to access and use the TMG Platform. Contact you about your booking requests, plan your stay at one of our villas, and make and manage your bookings. Enable you to communicate with other Members. Operate, provide, improve and optimize the TMG Platform and experience, such as by performing analytics and conducting research. Personalize or otherwise customize your experience by, among other things making Accommodation suggestions, ranking search results or showing ads based on your search or booking history, and any preferences you provide to us, or that are signified by your search and booking history. Enable you to access and use the Payment Services, including collecting payment on behalf of a Supplier. Provide customer service. Send you service or support messages, such as updates, security alerts, and account notifications. If you provide us with your contacts’ information, we may use and store this information: (i) to facilitate your referral invitations, (ii) for fraud detection and prevention, and (iii) for any other purpose you authorize at the time of collection. We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving the TMG Platform and our users’ experience with it, and to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you. 2.2. Create and Maintain a Trusted and Safer Environment. Detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity. Conduct investigations and risk assessments. Verify or authenticate information or identification provided by you (such as to verify your Accommodation address or compare your identification photo to another photo you provide). Conduct checks against databases and other information sources. Comply with our legal obligations. Resolve any disputes with any of our users and enforce our agreements with third parties. Enforce our Terms of Service, Member agreements, and policies. We process this information given our legitimate interest in protecting the TMG Platform, to verify and ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws. 2.3. Provide, Personalize, Measure, and Improve our Advertising and Marketing. Send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your communication preferences (including information about TMG or partner campaigns and services, such as services offered by TMG’s affiliate, Airbnb). Personalize, measure, and improve advertising. Administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by TMG or its third party business partners. Carry out profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with our services, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you. We process this information given our legitimate interest in protecting the TMG Platform, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws.
- Third Party Partners & Integrations The TMG Platform may contain links to third party websites or services, such as third party integrations, co-branded services, or third party-branded services (“Third Party Partners”). TMG doesn’t own or control these Third Party Partners and when you interact with them, you may be providing information directly to the Third Party Partner, Airbnb, or both. These Third Party Partners will have their own rules about the collection, use, and disclosure of information. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of the other websites you visit.
- Security We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration.
The Maruca Group
In this policy, we use a few terms which are defined as follows: A “Member” is anyone who has registered an TMG account, including Suppliers and Guests. A “Supplier” is someone who offers services (“Supplier Services”) via published listings on the TMG Platform (“Listings”). A “Guest” is someone who books, or seeks to book, Supplier Services. “Accommodation” means a vacation or other property. “Payment Services” means any payment processing services provided through or in connection with a Member’s use of the TMG Platform.